Monday, March 19, 2007

Pasta with Sausage in A Tomato Cream Sauce

I made this recently and sort of guessed and hoped my my through it, but it came out great. I cook almost everything in a large frying pan (14"). This goes well with a good crusty bread.

3-4 Sausage (your choice, I generally use a poultry-based)
olive oil (enough to just cover bottom of pan)
pasta (again your choice. I use stuff that is easily picked up and eaten by a toddler)
sauce (1 jar, nothing too complex. Prego Tomato Basil, or Roasted Red Pep. and Garlic)
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions:

1. coat bottom of pan with olive oil
2. cook sausage until nearly done
3. remove sausage from pan, reduce heat to low and add tomato sauce to the pan.
4. cut up sausage, add back to pan.
5. while heating sauce/sausage cook pasta very al dente (shorten cook time by about 2 minutes)
6. add heavy whipping cream to sauce/sausage, blend in.
7. add pasta to the mix, cover, cook about 5 more minutes
8. eat.

No comments: