Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Crazy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love baking, well, I love the results of baking. These cookies are wonderful. Everyone's tastes are different, I like my cookies not too crispy and not too fluffy, and these are just right:

1 1/2 c butter, softened (not melted) or butter flavored shortening
1 1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
4 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
3 1/2 c all-purpose flour (I prefer King Arthur brand)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder (for thinner, crispier cookies eliminate baking powder and increase baking soda to 1 1/2)
2 c chocolate chips (I like to mix semi-sweet and milk. There are a couple options these days)
1 c chopped walnuts (optional. I am not a fan of nuts in my cookies)

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Cream butter and sugars.
3.Add milk and vanilla, beat with electric mixer untill fluffy.
4.Blend in eggs, one at a time. Mix well after each addition.
5.Add dry ingredients and mix well, then add chips and walnuts (ew)
6.Drop about a tablespoon (use a teaspoon and heap moderately well) of dough onto greased baking sheets and bake 8-10 min (if you prefer crispy cookies 10 - 12 minutes)
7.Eat, with milk ;)

2 comments:

The Boob Lady said...

I don't dig nuts in my cookies either. It's just not right.

I find that when I use shortening, whether butter flavored or not, my cookies turn to shit. They're too crispy and taste wrong.

But that's just me.

Love your recipes.

Pezda's Ghost said...

I almost never use shortening when I could be using butter. I loves me the butter.